In 1895 the Olmsted office created a master plan for the campus of Washington University in St. Louis, which included a park-like eastern portion connecting to Skinner and Lindell Boulevards and Forest Park beyond. A building plan by Cope & Stewardson established the location of buildings. While this setting allowed for a flexible structure as the university grew, it did not account for an expansion that extended east of Hoyt Drive, and the university eventually paved surface parking lots over much of the campus’ east side. In 2017, the university committed to redeveloping the eighteen-acre plot to expand academic programming, foster interaction, recapture the original design intent for the campus entrance, and improve the transition between the university and nearby Forest Park. Michael Vergason Landscape Architects, in collaboration with architecture firms KieranTimberlake, BNIM, Moore Ruble Yudell and Perkins Eastman, transformed the existing parking sprawl by introducing a subterranean parking garage, configuring connections between colleges and administrative buildings, and accommodating an extension to the Mildred Lane Kemper Art Museum. The East End was almost entirely regraded to the same elevation, increasing accessibility and visibility across this portion of campus. Ann and Andrew Tisch Park, bounded by the McKelvey School of Engineering on the north edge and the Sam Fox School of Design & Visual Arts to the south, creates a central location for congregation and offers a tree-lined framing of historic Brookings Hall. Two new alléed walkways are reminiscent of the original plan designed by Cope & Stewardson, maintaining a ceremonial entry to campus. The East End features over 30 tree species, many of which are native to the region. The Florence Steinberg Weil Sculpture Garden features artworks from the Kemper Art Museum’s collection. A sunken garden courtyard between Anabeth and John Weil Hall and the Gary M. Sumers Welcome Center provides a source of natural light to the underground parking garage and is home to a felled tree, now nurse log, from the former allée.