Beatrix Farrand’s home from 1955 until her death in 1959, Garland Farm was the ancestral home of Lewis Garland, Farrand’s property manager at Reef Point. When she decided to dismantle Reef Point and retire to nearby Garland Farm, Farrand engaged architect Robert W. Patterson to design an addition between the old farmhouse and barn. Patterson reused many elements from Reef Point, including French doors, floorboards, windows, moldings, and light fixtures. Farrand also brought many rare specimen plants from Reef Point to incorporate into her new garden. Other plants from Reef Point were removed to Asticou Azalea Garden and Thuya Garden in Northeast Harbor. An informal Asian-inspired garden of ornamental shrubs, groundcovers, stepping stones, and ornamental figures graces the front entrance. The rear terrace garden is surrounded by a decorative wooden fence salvaged from Chiltern, the Scott Estate in Bar Harbor, designed by Farrand. The terrace garden is divided into two rectangular parterres: the herbaceous plantings outside the suite of Farrand’s long-time companion and caregiver, Clementine Walter, are in warm tones, while those outside Farrand’s are in cool tones, with the area between reserved for heaths, heathers, and lavender. The Beatrix Farrand Society purchased Garland Farm in 2003 to develop as a landscape educational study center. The terrace garden has been recently restored and the entrance garden is currently under restoration. Garland Farm was listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 2005.